- "Productive and funfilled days, peaceful, restful nights." I know, I know, it's almost the same as "idol hands do the devil's work." Sometimes, when you have an extremely bad headache though, you can't do a whole lot. I used to sleep at least an hour and a half during the day. The problem is, ever since going on the new antidepressant for my headaches, sleep at night has been a rare quantity. This is bad, because I want to sleep at night! So, ever since Saturday, I've stopped all sleep, (and most laying down during the day.)
- The Christmas season goes in stages for me. First, there's the shopping and decorating stage. This year, it was the "disaffected" stage, (because I really didn't want to buy for 3 extra people!) I did have fun finishing the shopping today though. The second stage is the wrapping and baking stage, (although we usually do dessert preparation throughout.) Melissa does the wrapping, (and I help with the baking, much to her chagrin. I love baking! However I don't think she likes me to participate in the process a lot. The second stage will be much more enjoyable for me this year!
- I don't believe in the Filter Bubble. OK OK, let me just say that I don't believe it exists for me. In fact, I know it doesn't! Why? I don't use Facebook, (first and foremost!) I especially don't use it for news. Second, I use DuckDuckGo, strictly for this purpose. I only use personalized search if I'm looking for a phone number, or looking for something within the Google ecosystem that it would be easier to find if I used Google. Third, I choose who I follow on Twitter, and I follow different people. When it came to the 2016 election, I noticed that I was following both HRC and Sanders supporters. I made an attempt to follow Trump supporters, and Libertarians, (although since I'm still studying Libertarianism, I mostly follow news sites.) I joined gab.ai today, mostly for fun, but also to find a good alternative to Twitter. I'm going to make an attempt next year to privatize my Twitter account, and only keep a few friends/people I've had conversations with in the past year as following/followers.
- I love sites like Reddit, Voat, Steemit, and Gab.ai! Also Wikileaks has been my friend since 2010! Why do I love sites like that? Because with sites like Reddit and Voat you follow what you want. Gab.ai is trying to become the free speech wing of the free speech party, (like Twitter said it once was and then well... apparently they were pretending!) Also, RSS is epic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
- I'm finding out that the process of doing 101 things in 1001 days just doesn't work for me. I'm thinking what will work is to keep a list of goals I want to complete in the next 3-5 years, and update it 3-4 times yearly. The reason the 101 in 1001 goals thing doesn't work is that I can never complete enough goals in a year to come even close to that! What I'll start doing is taking about 25-40 of the goals to put on a yearly list. The 5 year list will just be a rolling project that I keep working on. As I complete goals, I'll mark them complete. If I want to retry something I'll put that it failed, the date, and the fact that I'll be retrying it. If something was a complete failure, I'll most likely take it off the list.
- I'm starting to learn that Bible journaling is a great excersise for daily reflection! Sometimes, things end up in my notepad file, (and therefore in a penzu entry,) that I never expect to end up writing!
Saturday, December 10, 2016
Lessons and reflections over the past couple weeks or so.
I'm going to backdate this post for Saturday, because I skipped that day. However, it's completely updated.