Well, I think I’ll do better at writing this post in list form, so here it goes!
- First of all, Phelan is doing blogathon today for Companions for heros, A charity that trains shelter dogs and gives them to military veterans.
- I managed to send her some qquestions from the huge and ever-growing, almost 1600 long question file that I keep for these purposes. It’s so long because I keep collecting questions, and there are probably some duplicates, but I went through it last year to make sure there weren’t any. I’ll do the same after my event this year.
- I’ve decided that I need a searchable web interface for this question file, that I can just dump all the questions into, and have a search box so that I can find what I’m looking for. Kind of like a wiki, but each question can’t have it’s own page. I think something like pastebin might work, but I need search features.
- Speaking of blogathon, this is the day I set up the FirstGiving page for mine, because tomorrow when I come back from church, I have to write up all the details in a blog post, post the link on facebook, and create a facebook event, (which will most certainly take all day!)
- So today I’ve been multitasking a lot, between collecting questions, watching Phelan do a fine job at blogathon, and reading RSS.
- I still have yet to post on the linkblog for today, and there’s still that FirstGiving page that has to be done, and probably a couple other things that I’m not remembering right now.
- I had dinner at my parent’s house last night. We got to talking about blogathon, and these were mom’s exact words… “do you think that will actually raise money?” I almost wanted to say, if it hadn’t raised any money in the past 5 years do you think I’d still be doing it? Seriously… what possesses my mother to say these idiotic and ridiculous things?
- So I’m now officially on a mission to prove my mom wrong!