So I’m still not ready for weekly links, hopefully I’ll be ready before next Monday, otherwise there will be a few extra links. My day started out pretty normal, (although I ended up getting up just before 4 this morning.) When it was time to wait for paratransit, I waited and waited, then I finally had to come bakc up and call them, (no, I never bring my cell phone anywhere with me, I only use it for long-distance.) As I was on the phone to the dispatcher, the paratransit driver rang the bell that I use to let people in. I finished talking to the dispatcher, (who had put me on hold,) and went down to meet him. It was a sub driver, (the driver who normally drives took a couple days off.) I got to the VA at about 9:45, after having to ride with him as he picked up and dropped off someone else. When I was at the VA, I spent about 30 minutes working on my weekly project, then spent the rest of the time throwing away paper. Yep, I took everything out of these binders, put the dividers on the desk, and threw the papers in the trash. I actually asked, “am I throwing away any secret documents?” they said no, of course! Then it was the time I was scheduled to be picked up to come home, I had to wait about 45 minutes for paratransit, because he was late again!
Monday, May 30, 2011
I’m about to leave to go have dinner at my parent’s house, and I know I’m not going to want to post weekly links when I get back. So, I’ve decided to put them off until tomorrow. Besides there’s the fact that well… I only have 2 links ready! We’re having fried chicken and potato salad, and I’m looking forward to it! Dad called me about 45 minutes ago and asked me if I wanted to come for dinner, and when I asked what we were having and he told me, I couldn’t say no!
Sunday, May 29, 2011
It’s almost Memorial Day weekend, do you have any plans? I have no plans for this weekend, which is now just tomorrow, I don’t usually make plans for Memorial Day. Although I did have fun at church today, I got to sit in while the worship team practiced, because they always practice before service, but I never usually go early enough to be there for it. We had the service, then we had a barbicue afterwards, (this is a tridition we have for this weekend.)
Via that’s my answer
Saturday, May 28, 2011
7 random things.
- We have one service at church tomorrow, at 10:00, it’s our memorial day service, (yep we have one.)
- I’ll be going to church with my friend who I went on retreat with, and she’s on the worship team, so I get to go early! I think we’re leaving at about 8:30.
- Speaking of my friend I went on retreat with, she’s asked me to share my testimony at her new job, I’ve already started writing it, but I think she’s actually going to ask me questions.
- I don’t have any plans for Monday as of yet.
- I’m also not even close to ready for weekly links yet, I don’t have any links gathered for next week, I guess I know what I’ll be doing Monday!
- I’ve had a headache every day this week, time to go to the Chiropractor!
- I actually woke up at 3:45 this morning, took a Tylenol PM, then went back to bed and got up at about 6:30.
Friday, May 27, 2011
So my day was pretty uneventful yesterday, I folded and stuffed envelopes until it was time to leave. Paratransit was late picking me up, (again,) because they sent the driver on another pickup before me. When it was time to leave, the driver, the lady that was riding with us that day for training, and I were getting ready to take the elivator down to the 1st floor. we got in the elivator and waited for it to start moving, but it never went anywhere. The door closed, but it just stayed right where it was. I’ve never been stuck in an elivator before, so it was kind of interesting. The driver pushed the button to go back up, and after a few minutes, the door finally opened. I’m not claustrophobic, so it didn’t really bother me, but both the driver and the lady who was with us were starting to panick.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
1) Which browser do you use? I mainly use IE, and sometime firefox. IE for most things, and firefox for opening twitter links.
2) What makes this browser more preferable?
Nothing really, I like both, but they’re mostly the same anyway
Via Thursday 2 questions
I went to the VA today, and stayed all 3 hours. I finished the folding, and was stuffing envelopes when I left.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
So I was actually going to do the next best thing to doing Thursday 13, (seriously, I don’t think I’ll ever come up with a list of 13 things on command again,) and find a survey to post. I didn’t find one, (um… that’s why I’m posting this.) I also didn’t find any good questions that would make for a survey on formspring. As soon as I find a survey I like, I’ll post it! The pizza was good last night, I’m glad I orderd it. The 4 hour wait for an eastern to pacific time conversion that just doesn’t make any sort of sense at all though, well… that wasn’t fun! Seriously, 9 eastern doesn’t equal 10 pacific, but PBS thinks it does. 9 eastern could equal 9 pacific, (I’ve seen that one before,) but yeah. I ended up doing my 750 words for yesterday, blog posting, eating dinner and leaving comments during that time. I was having comment issues with blogger though, so I didn’t get very far with that.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
I’ve decided that I’m ordering pizza tonight for dinner. this came out of my time at the VA today. I was folding brochures, (actually they’re letters,) and I was thinking about stuff I would be doing when I got home. One of the things includes watching the frontline episode, (frontline the PBS documentary, not the flee killer.) here’s a link to the page for the episode. Anyway, my very next thought was, “pizza sounds good!” Yeah, that was random, that’s what I thought too, as it was happening! I guess that’s what I get for letting my thoughts wander while at the VA. I actually worked on 2 things while I was there today, my weekly project, and the folding. I didn’t get the folding finished, so most likely I’ll be finishing it on Thursday.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Every week, I gather up a few links that look interesting to me, and post them here, just for fun! So, here are the links.
- how long have you been on twitter? I’ve been on twitter since July 12th, 2007, or 1411 days.
- proxlet Filter certain tweets, like foursquare checkins, paper.li, etc.
- memolane Create a timeline of your life using tweets, pictures, etc.
- world time buddy Site for planning meetings around different time zones.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
So once in a while I like to pick a question from that’s my answer So, here’s the question.
Who makes the coffee in your house? I actually don’t drink coffee very often, I quit in 2007. I switched to drinking tea. Since I’m the only person in the house, naturally I make the tea. I put water in the microwave, and make a single cupt. I like strong tea, so I let it steep for about an hour. When it gets done, I have a cup warmer next to my desk that I set it on to keep it hot. I’m not a fan of iced tea, so I don’t drink it in the summer.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
OK, I guess I was having comment link issues earlier. I reverted my template back to default, and then upgraded it again, I then added back the IComLeavWe widget, and didn’t have the problems I had while adding it yesterday. Hopefully everything works, and the comment links are still working, (they were working earlier.) OK, I guess I should probably get to making the list now! I’m actually going to follow the prompt I posted on Saturday 7, and make a list of 7 things I’m looking forward to for summer.
- Swimming, I’m a big fan of water, and that includes swimming in it!
- Air conditioners, speaking of which mine is working, and I’ve actually been using it today.
- Wearing shorts and Tshirts.
- Summer food, (ice cream is always better in the summer,) and so are hamburgers and potato salad, for some reason!
- Camping, I’m sure I’ll be going at least once this summer.
- A potluck that my friend, (who I went on retreat with,) is throwing for her daughter’s wedding, I’ve already decided what I’ll be bringing!
- 4th of July, because fireworks are fun, (from afar, of course!)
Friday, May 20, 2011
I almost forgot to add myself to the IComLeavWe list for this month, I just finished adding myself to the list. I keep having problems adding the widget thingy, for some reason blogger always wants to put it in a place that’s well… not the right one! I had to tweak it last month, and that was the fix, but I can’t seem to stop it from putting it in the stupid place it wants to put it this time, which is right after the subscribe to posts link. I also ended up removing the RSS subscription widget, which um… I need to put back! I’ll do that tomorrow, or some other time. It’s almost time for me to have dinner, and I’d like to well… actually eat instead of spending the whole night sifting through HTML! I think I want to remove those annoying subscribe to atom links anyway, and just use the RSS feed widget that I was using. Yep, there’s actually a way to take those out, I was just reading how to do it. So, that means more template tweaking for me tomorrow, yay!
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Instead of “it’s Friday,” it’s Thursday! So I was actually going to do Thursday 13 today, I really was. I knew what I was going to write about and everything, but it turns out I would only have been able to get to 10 things on the list, not 13. That wouldn’t work, because it’s called “Thursday 13,” not “Thursday 10.” If I can think of anything to make a list of 13 things about next week, then maybe… just maybe, I could, well… make my list on Wednesday night so that I don’t have to make it on Thursday afternoon. I stayed the whole 3 hours that I’m supposed to stay at the VA today! I ended up not finishing the folding that they had for me to do, but that just means that I’ll have more work to do on Tuesday!
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
I’m going to make a list of random things, that I thought could make a somewhat interesting blog post.
- I’m still reading the bible in a year every day via email, I just started Ezra this morning. I still haven’t gotten behind yet, like I did last time I tried this.
- I’m now on an 8 day streak on 750 words. It’s fun to be on a streak!
- I’m going into the VA tomorrow, I didn’t find out this afternoon until around 1 that I would be going in. I’m going to be doing some folding and stuffing envelopes.
- I finally got to watch the full video of the Sydney peace prize ceremony yesterday, just in case anyone wants to know, it’s right here. It was long, but I liked it!
- I took a trip to Rite Aid with my friend today, because I’m running out of Excedrin, like really close to running out. Of course, I got some other things while I was there.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
I went to the VA today, for about an hour. Seriously, I was only there for an hour. I worked on the weekly project for about 45 minutes, then waited about 15 minutes for paratransit. We just told them to come back at 10, so I wouldn’t have to call, and sit and wait for an hour. I do have to call the VA tomorrow, to see if I have to go in on Thursday. They think they might have some work for me by then, but they weren’t sure when I left today. Oh yeah, I found a youtube video of the shuttle launch, well at least a couple minutes of it anyway. I wish I would have watched the whole thing!
Monday, May 16, 2011
Here are some cool links I found.
- loads.in Test how fast a site loads in different locations worldwide.
- Ctrlq An RSS search engine that will give you 10 results per topic.
- WWWizer Site lets you redirect domains that won’t work without www in front to ones with www in front.
- Convert Files Convert files to pretty much any file format, and download youtube videos.
On a completely unrelated note, I missed the shuttle launch this morning, because it was at 5:56, and I got up at almost 6:30! Um, yeah, I’m not very happy about it.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Have you ever ridden on a subway system? when I took a trip to NYC in 2006 with my aunt and uncle, we rode the subway. I had fun on that trip! We went to the top of the Empire State Building, went to the today show, and hit a couple chocolate shops. We have a transit train in Portland, although it isn’t a subway, and of course I rode BART when I was in the bay area in 2009.
Via that’s my answer
Saturday, May 14, 2011
yep, I’ve decided not to make a list today. Why? because I don’t have anything to list! I also have a headache, which makes the process not as fun as it should be. So yeah, how about next week? Or, how about I actually try to do Thursday 13? That all depends on what happens on Thursday though. Oh yeah, I have 420 posts written on the blog so far, this is my 421st. Yeah, that’s weird, it’s my 421st post, 421 is a strange number!
Friday, May 13, 2011
I’m talking about the post I wrote on Wednesday. Yesterday, when blogger went down, (and when I checked on my blog,) it was still there. Then when I checked this morning, it was gone. Now I just checked, and it’s back again! Along with the post I wrote yesterday via email, because when blogger went down yesterday, and didn’t come back up, I knew I needed to write something. So I sent it via email, and blogger kept it until it was up and ready to publish it. Blogger being down all day yesterday was interesting, and not all that much fun. This is the internet though, and well… stuff goes down! Not only that, I think blogger is better than any of the alternatives, so I’ll continue using it. I think this is like the 2nd time in 2 years that it’s been down, and the first time was only for like a half hour or so. Then again, it might be the first time, and I just think I remember it going down before this.
Thursday, May 12, 2011
So it’s hard to do blog 365 when blogger is down, and who knows when
it’s coming back up! I’m hoping that this won’t fail, and that it will
post as soon as blogger comes back up, but I’m writing this on 5/12,
at around 6:40 PM. I planned to write Thursday 13 and everything, but
that won’t be happening now obviously. Hope it will be back up soon!
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Blogger or WordPress?
I haven’t used wordpress for 2 years, because I love blogger! Before I switched, I actually used wordpress.org running on my own server. I had a lot of problems with it, (not the least of which was not letting me change my password,) so I decided to switch to blogger! No more wordpress updates, either! If I start new blogs from now on, they’re all going to be on blogger. That is unless I start one to test a feature, or something.
Here’s another one:
How many of the US states have you been in?
At least 10, including airports. I like airports, there fun!
Via that’s my answer
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
I went to the VA today, to do a weekly project. I was done in about 40 minutes, (after we resolved the password issues.) My password wasn’t working when I first got in, and they had to call IT to come and help. +It wasn’t anything I was doing wrong, someone else changed something when I wasn’t there. After I got done, and sent off the project, I waited almost an hour for paratransit to get there. Since it was an unscheduled call, and the driver was busy, it took a while. I’m not going in on Thursday, so I get to actually try the once a week thing for a change, instead of finding out at the last minute.
Monday, May 9, 2011
Technically, I should be posting this on 5/10, but to keep the routine of posting weekly links on Mondays, (instead of Tuesdays,) I decided to post this today. Only 3 links this time.
- Did you know This is just a fun one, this site has a lot of useless facts, great for wasting time! I actually found this on an email list that I’m subscribed to.
- Full text RSS feed I’ve linked to something like this before, but I don’t think it was this if it was, oh well, whatever, I only have this saved in pinboard once.
- cardnap This is one of those sites that will let you buy and sell gift cards, these are always interesting to me for some reason.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
First I’d like to wish anyone reading, (who’s a mom,) a happy Mother’s day! I’ll be seeing my mom tonight, because we’ll be going out to dinner. In the past, we’ve triditionally done breakfast, but it’s harder to plan when we don’t go to breakfast until around 11:, or noon, thus allowing me to not make it to church that Sunday. I’ve done it and I don’t mind doing it, but this year we’re having dinner instead. Yesterday, I asked mom where she wanted to go to dinner, and she said Red Lobster, (is Red Lobster a regional thing?) Our nearest one, however, is about an hour and a half away. Add to that wait times that last for forever and a day. I joked with my friend Linda, that by the time the rapture comes, we might not have gotten a table at Red Lobster yet. OK, I know, the rapture is nothing to joke about, but seriously! I don’t actually know where were going yet though, because when mom said that she didn’t sound too sure. So yeah, tonight should be interesting, I’ll probably call mom when I get back from church though, so I’ll know before then.
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Friday, May 6, 2011
I did go to the VA on time yesterday, but there was nothing for me to do. After an hour, I left, after waiting a half hour for paratransit, (it wasn’t my scheduled time, and it was short notice.) I have a weekly project to do on Tuesday, so I’ll be going in then, but not on Thursday. I have no idea what we’re doing this weekend. My sister and I know what we’re getting mom, but I’m not sure if we’re going to dinner, or breakfast. I’m not even sure if I’m going to church or not yet, (I usually don’t go on mother’s day if we go out to breakfast.) Why? Because my family likes to have breakfast at 11:00 in the morning, and that’s when I usually go to church.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
1) Are you a procrastinator, or a well-planned ahead person? Depends on what it is, I’m usually a pretty good planner when it comes to being ready to go on a trip or something. When it comes to presents for mother’s day though… well… that’s a bit of a different story, although I already know what I’m getting mom.
2) What do you often buy as present for Mother’s Day? Usually a gift certificate of some kind.
Via Thursday 2 questions
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
I did go to the VA yesterday, although it was later than usual. When I first got there, I thought I forgot my password, but I actually didn’t, I just typed the wrong thing twice. Then I typed something different, and of course after 3 times… well… I locked myself out! So, they had to go ask the IT department for another 3 trys, and I got in on the first one. After I finally managed to log in, I worked on this spreadsheet thingy, I had to look through it and find certain things. Then after I finished that, (it took about 45 minutes, or less,) I folded stuff. I didn’t get to eat lunch before I left, so needless to say I was hungry when it was time to come home! I’ll be going in on time tomorrow, because I managed to schedule the rest of the paratransit trips.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Very strangely timed weekly links! Yeah, I should be at the VA right now, but I forgot to schedule the paratransit trips for this month! I’m actually going in around 11, and coming home at around 2 today. There’s one bright side to this whole thing, I can post weekly links early!
- list.ly Another site for making lists! This one lets you make lists with other people, and pretty much put them anywhere.
- Page Speed Online This is a google labs service, it tests how fast websites load, and suggests changes that would make them load faster.
- Dear blank, please blank Uh… yeah… this reminds me of one thing, and how it totally failed on me last year! But reading the RSS feed for this site is actually kind of funny.
- BuzzVoice This is one of those services where you can listen to blogs and RSS feeds.
- OpenNearMe This looks interesting, find stuff that’s open where you are, (restaurants, etc,) and see when they close.
Monday, May 2, 2011
I have links all ready to post for weekly links, but I fell asleep, so I decided to post them tomorrow instead. I did manage to go grocery shopping today, and pay my rent, and pick up my perscriptions. But I’m posting weekly links a day later than usual.
Sunday, May 1, 2011
I have exactly a half hour to get ready for church, I tend to put these things off until the last minute. Although I’ve already taken a shower, but I’m not dressed yet, (still in pajamas.) We did go to pizza for dad’s birthday last night, but I’m not a fan of the place we went to. It was OK, just OK, not really anything better. I had to pay for the whole flippin thing! I wasn’t a very happy camper, because… well… it was almost $60! Yep, some pizza places are really, really expensive, and this is one of them. After dinner, my parents dropped me off here at home, then mom and my sister took dad to a movie, (which I absolutely didn’t want to have anything to do with seeing.) Now I have pizza for lunch, because the pizza I ordered was a bit on the side of being too much for me to eat at one time.