I’ve actually posted for 30 days in March, today is 31! Which means I didn’t forget to post at all this month, yay for that! I skipped at least a couple last month, and I know I forgot one in January. Things went better today at the VA; I got all the calls that were on my list done! I also started working on this excel spreadsheet thingy.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
This will be a pretty different post today, but I’ve decided to participate in this Bloggers unite event. I’ve never used MyBlogLog before, but… well… I want to, one day. Blog Catalog, (which is a sort of similar site to MyBlogLog,) has offered to take it over , and keep developing it, (apparently it hasn’t changed much for like 4 years, since Yahoo bought it in 2007.) Now if you remember Yahoo also decided they would like to kill Delicious, although they haven’t yet, I wrote a weekly links post of delicious alternatives, and linked to a couple articles, it’s right here. Unlike saying it would maybe kill delicious one day, Yahoo says on the MyBlogLog site that it will be shut down on May 24th That page is right here. Like I said, I’ve wanted to use MyBlogLog for a while, but um… it’s a Yahoo site, to use it, I actually would have to sign up for a Yahoo account, which I don’t have because well… we just don’t get along. So, maybe I’ll join and put the widget on here, just for kicks. Here are a couple more links:
- Yahoo To Shut Down MyBlogLog On May 24, from techcrunch.
- Yahoo shuts down MyBlogLog, a $10 mil purchase you never heard of, from download squad.
So, there ya go my disorganized thoughts on the situation.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
I went to the VA this morning, after having not been there for almost 3 weeks. Let’s just say it was an interesting day. First, the computer decided to crash after bringing up outlook. Then I was going to do cold calls, but there was a slight problem… um… the phone wouldn’t work! So I had to wait for a guy to come and fix the phone, but apparently it was beyond fixing, because he went to get another phone. Then I made 3 calls without anyone answering, they pretty much all went to messages, etc. Then this lady was trying to show me some reports in excel that she wanted me to work with, but… um… I didn’t have access to the folder, and I ended up leaving without having access! Yep, it was most definitely a strange day. I absolutely love this audio file that my friend Mark did about 4 months ago, it’s still really, really funny, and it’s a perfect description of my day at the VA. this is how everything breaks!
Oh yeah, my ankle seems to be OK from my little incident at church on Sunday, it was sure a weird little incident, but stranger things have happened, I suppose.
Monday, March 28, 2011
I’m skipping weekly links because I don’t have any, I actually probably only had one, because I forgot what the 2nd one was going to be. I’ll try to get all my stuff together next week, and post them. I’m in the process of switching everything over to pinboard; actually I sort of maybe haven’t started. Well technically I’ve started by saving all my 1r7 bookmarks to instapaper, but I haven’t done the other part yet, which is to set up the “save to pinboard feature,” and click like about 500 times, so everything will go to pinboard. I did however; decide to turn 1 massive twitter list into 2 twitter lists. I had so many people in my tweets to read first list, that… well… I wasn’t seeing all their tweets! I think 2 lists should maybe fix that.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Another question from that’s my answer
Ear buds or headphones? Well, they both give me headaches, which is annoying. I like ear buds though, because I can wear 1, and still talk to people at the same time. I’m not a huge fan of headphones, because of the pressure that they put on my head. Something happened today that doesn’t usually happen, I tripped when I was coming out of church, and I twisted my ankle. I did elevated it and put ice on it when I came home, and it’s definitely better than it was earlier.
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Just for fun, 7 random things.
- I have a pretty bad headache right now.
- I guess I can’t take Tylenol PM, because that’s where the headache came from, I took 1 last night.
- I just lost my internet connection for about an hour, my main thought was, what if I don’t have internet at all today? then I won’t be able to blog post! I came back from eating lunch, and didn’t have internet.
- I signed up for pinboard yesterday, and it was only $9.28, but when I looked at it a couple months ago, I thought I remember it costing more.
- Pinboard and instapaper are integrated with each other, so all I have to do is save my 1r7 bookmarks to instapaper, click that I like them, and they’ll be saved to pinboard… that is if I remember to check the save to pinboard checkbox.
- I don’t have any bookmarks in my pinboard account yet, so I don’t have any links gathered for weekly links, but I have a couple ideas.
- I published this and then realized I only had 6 things, so here’s a 7th one… LOL!
Friday, March 25, 2011
After waiting a week 9 days, I finally got my test results today. Everything’s fine, and I have no aneurisms whatsoever. I thought so, because they definitely weren’t in a big hurry to call me. Actually, I had to call them, then wait for them to call me back again. Other than that, not too much went on here today. Oh and I don’t have a headache, yay for not having headaches!
Thursday, March 24, 2011
A question from that’s my answer
Would you ever get rid of your landline? I have both a landline, and a cell phone, so I’ve been asked this question, and I’ve wondered if it might be cheaper to get rid of the landline. There’s one catch, however, my internet is DSL, and I think it’s the best internet ever! If I were to get rid of my landline, I’d still have to pay for a data line, which I’m not sure would be cheaper, although I’m not paying for phone service. I’d still have to pay for a cell phone, however, and depending on how many minutes I’d need, (keeping in mind that this would be my primary phone.) I’ve actually thought about doing this, and getting on my families’ plan, but I think I’ll stick with the landline for a while. I use my landline for all local calls, and my cell phone for all long-distance ones.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
I took 3 things off the blog just now. My twaud.io feed, because I don’t use it anymore, the search thingy, because there’s one in the navbar at the top, and the contributors thingy, because I only have one contributor and well… we both know who that is. I still want to put an email subscription widget on, and maybe add a feed count widget… although I don’t have many subscribers. Oh yeah, in other news, I got an email from my supervisor, I’ll be going back to the VA next week!
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Go into the VA, that is. I got up this morning and took a shower; I was just about to get dressed when I got the call. This was about 15 minutes before I had to leave, no less. I don’t usually get dressed right after I get out of the shower, I’m usually still in pajamas, I come back out here and eat and do whatever until right up to like 15-20 minutes before it’s time to leave. So, in the middle of getting dressed, I had to run for the phone. I thought it was probably someone from the VA, but I wasn’t sure. Needless to say um, well… it was. If they would have called 10/15 minutes later, I would have been either leaving or gone. After they called, I called to cancel my paratransit trips this week, nope, they don’t need me at all this week. LOL, it was a pretty interesting morning!
Monday, March 21, 2011
Here are some cool links I found.
- the friend mail Facebook updates via email. I sometimes forget to check Facebook, (although I’m trying to be better about this,) so I could probably use this.
- backupify Back-up twitter, blogger, Facebook etc. with this service. I’ve actually used this for a while now, and I know it works. I think you have to pay for this, but I got in when they were doing a free for life deal.
- similar site search Find sites that are similar to your favorites.
- DVDLater Save movies in theaters to your Netflix queue, (otherwise known as the Netflix list thingy.) I don’t use Netflix, but I think this is a cool concept.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
- Jacob :: Someone from the bible, (particularly the old testament. I don’t know anyone in person, (that I’ve formally met that has that name.)
- Green :: Party.
- Cupcake :: cookie
- Acts :: sinful
- Thunderous :: loud
- President :: Whitehouse
- Anxiety :: stress.
- Matter :: of fact.
- Diner :: restaurant.
- Absence :: not here.
Via unconscious mutterings.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Before I get to the list, I was looking at my blogger dashboard, and there’s a little thingy that says how many posts I’ve published. I’ve published 365 posts on this blog! Although I think it’s off a little, because when you delete posts, it doesn’t actually fix the numbers. I’ve only deleted a couple posts though, so this will probably be my 364th post, and tomorrow will actually be 365! Now for the list:
7 things I’m looking forward to for spring.
- A little less rain, OK don’t get me wrong, I’m a winter person, I don’t mind the rain when it’s actually winter. But there’s a time for everything right?
- Using my heater less, I use my heater a lot when it’s cold, (some people think I use it too much,) but I’m looking forward to cheaper power bills.
- Starting to wear summer clothes, although that won’t come for a couple months.
- Ice cream, I don’t usually eat too much ice cream in the winter, although I did eat some this time.
- Following SXSW… wait! I wasn’t here for that… booo!
- Dad’s birthday.
- Mother’s and father’s day, and my sister’s birthday for that matter, (although she’s right close to summer.)
Friday, March 18, 2011
I had absolutely no idea what to post about, (some days that does actually happen.) So I found this question.
Have you ever had a professional massage before? Did you like it? Yep, I’ve had a couple, and I did like them. I actually wouldn’t mind having another one… lol! I’ve also had a facial before, and those are interesting. I wouldn’t mind having another one of those either, because they’re really relaxing.
Via Friday questions
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
I had my aneurism test done today, I had an MRI. Although the technician almost did the wrong test, she said she’d have to start an IV, I asked her what it was for. She started to say something completely different, I was like wait… I’m being tested for aneurisms! She read the report wrong, so she had to call my doctor while I was in the MRI thingy. I actually don’t mind having tests done, (as long as they aren’t blood tests,) any other tests are fine with me, as long as I don’t have to drink the contrast. I didn’t have to this time, she injected me with contrast, I don’t mind injections either. It’s just when I have blood tests, I don’t like the feeling of the blood coming out, yeah I can actually feel that.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Daylight savings: Do you prefer to spring forward or to fall back? Neither, I don’t like daylight savings. It would just be a lot easier if we didn’t have to have a time change, otherwise known as why not extend either standard or daylight time so that it just goes all year? That would be nice! Basically, time change isn’t fun, especially when I’m on a trip during it.
Via that’s my answer
Monday, March 14, 2011
So I had 2 links gathered before everything happened Friday, and 2 links afterwards.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
I got back from retreat safely, which I’m very glad for! I did pretty much everything I listed yesterday, except we didn’t hit the candy store. We were going to do that when we left today, but it was raining, and the wind was blowing really, really hard, so we decided to come straight home. I did climb the rock wall, and my friend took lots and lots of pictures. She said she would send them to me, and then I can put them on Facebook. Maybe I’ll post some of them here, using the post by email feature, because that’s what it’s good for. We also got to make bath salts, which is just stirring salt and essential oil together. I didn’t sleep all that well while I was gone, I was having sinus issues while we were there, and last night the wind kept me awake.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
I’m not here today! So, 7 things that I’m probably doing while I’m gone.
- Praying, we’ll all be doing a lot of praying.
- Singing… a lot!
- Dancing, a lot of that too!
- Rock climbing! They have a climbing wall at the retreat center, and I’ll be climbing it.
- Hopefully going to the candy store… but I’m not sure yet.
- Talking, again… a lot of that!
- Eating, they have really good food!
Friday, March 11, 2011
I posted on Facebook that we were going to the retreat, and my friend Kim, who I’m going with, asked me if I knew about the tsunami warnings. I read on twitter that there was a huge earthquake and tsunami in Japan, but didn’t hear there were tsunami warnings here until she asked me. We decided that we would make plans to go anyway, unless the church told us that they were changing plans, (which they said they weren’t,) but that we would be praying for protection and safety in the meantime, and we would wait to hear what was happening. I got in the shower, (yay me for forgetting to take that when I got up!) I was worried, because I really thought we shouldn’t go to the coast when we were having tsunami warnings. But I was really praying for God to tell us whether we should go, and to protect us if we were supposed to. when I got out of the shower, my friend Linda called me to tell me that one of our retreat leaders put on Facebook that the retreat center called her, and that it was beautiful there, it looks really good, and that they were waiting for us, and that the all clear signal would be given at 10 AM. So we’re still praying, but I’m a bit less worried now. We’ll be leaving at 1, as we made plans to do yesterday. So, I’m almost ready, and I’m still as excited as I was yesterday! Final list:
- Bills have been paid, they just got paid a little bit ago.
- Final plans have been made.
- Still need to go to the bank, and buy earplugs and toothpaste, (it’s a long story, and I have a toothpaste dispenser here.)
- Still need to pack pajamas and pills.
- Still need to schedule Saturday 7, although I scheduled it to post on the meme blog.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
So I’m not sure if I’ve written about this before, but I’m attempting to read the bible in a year via email, through http://bibleinayear.org I actually tried this once like 5 years ago, but I got too far behind when I went on a week long vacation that year. Its fun, and I’m already in Joshua, and I haven’t yet gotten so far behind as to abandon the project. Now for the “other stuff” bit. My friend thought the retreat was next weekend! I told her in an email that I was packing, and she told me she was wondering why I was packing since it’s so far away. I wondered why she seemed like she wasn’t ready to make plans yet, and that’s why! Mom just brought my sleeping bag over, like a half hour ago. So besides a few last minute packing things, (and other things,) I’m pretty much ready. They ask us to bring sleeping bags, because there aren’t any sheets or anything, so we’d all be sleeping on plastic mattresses if we didn’t bring them.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Warning to the list-averse, it’s another list! I’m leaving for retreat on Friday, here are some things I should probably not forget to do before I leave.
- Um… pack! Obviously!
- Go to the bank.
- Buy some earplugs.
- Call my friend to make final plans.
- Pay bills, so that when I come back, all the bills will be paid!
- Write Saturday 7, and schedule it to post!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
For our women’s retreat this year, my church asked us to send 3 different pictures of us, in 3 different seasons of our lives. Although the receptionist
at the church said we could bring the pictures in, and she would scan them and then give them back, I knew I wanted to send digital pictures. Because
digital pictures make life easier for both of us, and there isn’t any cleaning up that has to go on after scanning them. There were a couple of issues,
however, because I had absolutely no idea which pictures I want to send, and often times certain members of my family, (um… my sister,) just throws pictures
at me without either writing captions, or renaming the files to give a description. So I have a lot of digitals, but I still don’t know what most of them
are pictures of. I mean I asked her to send pictures she took over Christmas, so I know that’s what I got when she sent those, but that’s about it. So
in case someone who’s my friend on Facebook reads this blog, I upload what I receive. My friend that I’m going on the retreat with sent me a picture of
me that she took during her super bowl party, (and she even told me this when she sent it!) so I knew I was going to send that one. I also have a picture of my sister and my mom, when mom was in the hospital recovering from her aneurism, (my sister was sure being organized when she renamed that one to reflect the month and year, where it was taken, and who it was.) But that got transferred over here via flash drive, not sent to me. Anyway, so a little bit ago when I was looking for pictures to send, I realized I had a picture from when I got baptized in 2007. So, I immediately knew I wanted to send that! I completely forgot that I had that picture, but if I would have known I had it, I would have just sent it, and not been all indecisive about which pictures I was going to send. I did send one bungee jumping picture too, because I really didn’t have any others that I knew of that would be good to send.
Monday, March 7, 2011
OK, it’s actually 1 single link! Why? Because I actually had 2, (yeah it was going to be short,) but when I went to visit the site I was going to link to, I got the “can’t display the page error.” So, in the interest of not linking to broken links, here’s the link for this week:
- 2reminders For remembering your friend’s birthday’s.
Of course you can use facebook for that, but I’m not an overly huge facebook fan, so I’m not there all the time. On a completely unrelated note, my aneurism test is scheduled for Wednesday, (3/16,) at 9 AM. I think this is the first time I’ve ever done weekly links with only one link. I had some ideas, but in the end I was like, “must post this before I forget!”
Sunday, March 6, 2011
So I’m not doing weekly links until tomorrow, because I did them on Monday last week. So here’s a meme for ya. Must hurry, I have to leave for church in about a half hour! After church, I’m taking one of my friends out to lunch, to celibrate her birthday, which was last month, so we’re celibrating a month late.
- Ugly :: Pretty
- Shed ::storage
- Contrary ::opposit
- Yellow ::snow, (LOL!)
- New Jersey ::New York
- Point ::taken
- Actually :: for some reason I tend to associate actually with exactly, although I’m not sure why.
- Endeavor ::to try, also the name of a space shuttle.
- Blondie ::Having read too many recipe blogs, I’ve come to associate them with brownies.
- Speck ::something really, really small.
Via Unconscious mutterings
Saturday, March 5, 2011
7 things I’ve been wanting to do, but keep putting them off for some reason.
- Get back on squidoo I haven’t really been back there since last October, when mom had her aneurism.
- Start a linkblog, ya know, one of those blogs that posts only links? I had this idea a couple weeks ago, because I often run into links I want to post and then forget to link to them when I do weekly links.
- Clean out instapaper, I use instapaper for recipes, so it’s very, very full right now.
- Sign up for pinboard, because 1r7 isn’t really going anywhere. To do this, I have to save all my 1r7 bookmarks to delicious, then import them to pinboard, (which isn’t free by the way.)
- Clean out my gmail archives, this has to be done! Before I turned off google buzz, all the stuff I posted to twitter, my blog, etc went to my gmail archives!
- Start another meme, I’d like to do this, but since noone, (besides me,) has ever participated in Saturday 7, it seems like a not-so-good idea.
- Sign up for carbonite, so I have an offsite backup stratigy, instead of just a flash drive. Yeah, I should be worried, (I already know this and if I get lectured, it will make me less likely to do it anytime soon.)
Friday, March 4, 2011
Today is grocery shopping day for me, but here’s a list of other things I need to do along with getting groceries.
- Pay my rent.
- Pick up perscriptions.
- Go sock shopping, because it’s finally gotten to the point where every pair of socks I wear, (except for the ones I got for Christmas,) have wholes in them.
- Go to the bank.
- Get groceries, um… of course!
- Call my friend to ask if she’s still planning to go to retreat.
I have some stuff to do today… LOL! I think I’ll be going sock shopping at the place where I pick up my perscriptions, it happens to be a store and a pharmacy, (not just a pharmacy.)
Thursday, March 3, 2011
1) What do you feel about installing a water fountain? I live in an apartment complex, whether or not I want to install a water fountain, (which I don’t,) I’d need to get permission and then have my landlord install it.
2) Would you want one or would you rather not? How about no? Well if it’s outside my complex, I suppose it would be OK, but not inside the complex. These were strange questions, but I didn’t ask them, I just answered them!
Via Thursday 2 questions.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Yeah, I was going to do this yesterday, but I wrote about my doctor’s appointment instead. I just looked at my archive, (which, on blogger, tells me how many times I’ve posted over the year.) I’ve posted 56 out of 60 days, (today is 61.) I would have done better last month, if I hadn’t have skipped a blog post on purpose. I shouldn’t do that unless I absolutely have to. Although if I don’t remember to schedule one before I leave next weekend, that will end up happening when I go on retreat. I’ve enjoyed trying to blog every day so far, it’s been fun, but I wish I would have done better last month. Sometimes, I have absolutely no idea what to blog about until I realize that if I don’t blog, I’m going to forget. Then there are other times, like yesterday, when I know exactly what I’ll blog about before I write the post.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
I actually went to my doctor’s appointment this time! I didn’t have to get lab tests, which is a good thing, because I’m absolutely not a fan! Mom and I talked to the doctor about me having an aneurism test. He ordered one, but I might have to have a different one first, (if the ensurance doesn’t decide that they would like to pay for it.) I asked mom what would happen if the test came back positive, and she said I’d have to have surgery just like she did. I have to call for my perscriptions tomorrow, because the doctor didn’t say anything about refilling them like he usually does, so they’ll probably have to be authorized again, (which isn’t fun at all!)