- launch rock A startup for launching startups.
- the launch conference A conference that happened last week, for… well… you guessed it, launching startups!
- top10 Top 10 lists for everything.
- ifttt If this then that, this looks interesting, but it’s in private beta.
- twitshift Follow your tweets from a year ago.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Until tomorrow that is, I have all my links together, I just decided not to do them tonight. I just got done streaming twit live, twit started earlier today. I also went to church this morning, we went to first service. Otherwise, not much else has gone on today. I went to bed early last night, and managed to get up at 5:00 this morning, instead of 1:00.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
I thought about skipping this today, because I couldn’t really think of anything good to write, but here it goes.
- I was watching a little bit of the shuttle mission today, actually like 3 or 4 hours of it. I just got done.
- I got up at 5:00 this morning.
- My doctor’s appointment is rescheduled for Tuesday, at the same time it was last Wednesday.
- As usual, I’m not sure which service I’ll be going to tomorrow.
- I enjoyed following the launch startup conference last week, I wish I could have followed it more.
- 40 startups launched on stage at launch.
- I’m not skipping weekly links tomorrow, that I know of.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Well, technically not today, if you believe that I posted at 11:00 last night. Nope, instead I posted at 1:00 this morning, and back-dated it to the day before. Yeah, I did have much fun with that one! I just got a reminder call from my doctor’s office… again, and I did confirm that I’d be going, again! This should be interesting, hopefully mom won’t loos track of time at work and decide not to come… again! Otherwise I’ll be going without her.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
From the future to the past... or maybe the past to the future? Otherwise known as I'm taking one back!
So apparently, for some strange and completely unknown reason, I must like getting up at 1 AM. It’s 1:10, and I’m posting this because I realized that I forgot to post yesterday, and since we’re only a couple hours away from yesterday, I’ll back-date it and call it good! I was up at 1 AM yesterday too, but then it was convenient because of the ruling in the swedish extradition case. So, since this is taking one back, and it should have been yesterday’s post, I’ll write about what happened yesterday, and the day before.
I did go to the VA yesterday, even though we all thought we were going to have really bad snow here well… everyone else thought that, I didn’t because I don’t usually believe weather forecasters. When I got home from the VA, I watched the launch of the shuttle, I still love watching those! I live streamed nasa tv, for a long time yesterday. The day before, well… I actually missed my doctor’s appointment. Yep, it was interesting needless to say, mom lost all track of time at work and forgot to come. She rescheduled the appointment on Tuesday, and hopefully she’ll decide to come this time, so we can talk about me having an aneurism test.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
I have a doctor’s appointment today. Mom is going with me, to talk to the doctor about me having an aneurism test, which her neuro surgin recommended. Otherwise, this will be just the normal checkup that my doctor insists I have every 6 months. Although he’ll probably insist I have lab tests done too, which I’m not really looking forward to. Not sure if I’ll be going to the VA tomorrow, because of weather, we’re supposed to get like 4-6 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. But I still have to plan to go anyway, just in case.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Um, why didn’t I blog post when I thought about it yesterday? Because I did think about it, but then I forgot. But I also forgot to shut the system down last night. I just got back from the VA, paratransit was very late, and then we had to pick up someone else on the way. We were having issue Tuesday today, things were breaking.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Only 3 links today, because I didn’t find a 4th one.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
7 random things… again
- While reading RSS this morning, I had 49 windows open… yep, I said 49! There was no slowness or anything else that might come with having 49 windows open, either.
- I was going to take 7 quizzes and post them, but then I realized I needed to get this thing done now or I’d probably forget I was supposed to do it.
- I have 3 links ready for weekly links, I’d like to find at least 1 or 2 more by tomorrow.
- I’ll take some quizzes after I’m done, and maybe… just maybe I’ll finally remember to post them!
- Then again, I’ll probably forget, because I’m winging it through this whole blog 365 thingy.
- I’m not sure if I’ll be going to church tomorrow.
- When I go back to the VA on Tuesday, I get to finish what I was doing on Thursday, because I didn’t get finished.
Friday, February 18, 2011
So here’s the question…
Which household chores do you like and which do you try to avoid? I’m not a huge fan of doing dishes. I like paying bills, then I know it’s done. My ISP bill is a pain to pay, because I can’t pay it online. I have to call and pay it over the phone, and since the automated system thingy is way, way too fast for me, I have to pay a $4 representative fee every time. I used to be able to pay the bill online, but their quick bill-pay site is broken for me.
Via Friday question
Thursday, February 17, 2011
I had my 2nd day at the VA today. I started typing up meeting minutes, well I started and didn’t get finished. I was transcribing the minutes from a recording of the meeting. Paratransit almost didn’t run today, because we had snow this morning. But the roads were fine, they were just wet. I ask them if they would call me if they weren’t going to run, the driver said no, that I’d have to call the office.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Today I went to the chiropractor. I didn’t do much else, but when I came home, I slept. I usually sleep for a while after getting adjusted. I’m going back to the VA tomorrow. I should be able to use the computer, since they got it fixed on Thursday. I just got done watching Jeopardy, loved it!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
So today I had my first day at the VA. We had a lot of computer issues, (as in, stop errors,) so I ended up laminating and folding brochures. They did get the computer fixed eventually, about a half hour before I had to leave. Tomorrow, I get to go to the chiropractor, with the headaches I’ve had over the past couple weeks, that should be nice!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Not much went on here today. I didn’t wake up with a headache for the first time in like 3 days. Last night, my family and I drove to the nearest olive garden to have dinner. Then mom and my sister went shopping, and dad and I didn’t go in. Tomorrow, I start at the VA.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Friday, February 11, 2011
A question from that’s my answer
How adventurous are you? I’m pretty adventurous, I’m willing to try everything once. If I liked what I did, I’ll probably do it a 2nd or 3rd time. I went skydiving and bungee jumping, both of which I did twice, and I’d like to do them again! I also have a list of many things I’d like to try.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
I forgot to blog post yesterday! I was going to try not to forget this month, since I deliberately skipped Sunday’s post, but that didn’t happen. I guess the tridition continues, I’ll forget to post once a month, whether or not I skip posts. When I go to the retreat in March, I’ll have to decide whether to schedule posts or skip them. It’s official, I’ll be starting at the VA next week. I’ll be going in Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 9:00-12:00.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
I got my last piece of equipment for the VA today. I’ve also made the decision to do an extended edition of weekly links next week. For some reason I just don’t feel like doing them this week. My headache that I’ve had since Sunday continues. I wish it would go away, and I’ve been taking stuff and trying to lay down, (although that’s been hard over the last couple days.) Yeah, over the last couple days, I’ve read a lot of tweets. It’s estimated that one reporter tweeted over 6000 words. I probably read about 95% of her tweets.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Yeah, I skipped weekly links yesterday, too. Well not just weekly links, I skipped the blog post altogether. I didn’t get home until around 8:30 last night. I did have fun, and I enjoyed being with my friend, (we ate all day.) But in retrospect, I should have said no when she asked me to come. It was just her family and me there, that was it. I should have said no, because I didn’t get to bed until close to 9:00 last night, and somehow I happened to wake up at 1:30 this morning. I haven’t really been able to go to sleep since then, but I fully intend to be to bed in about 4 hours.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
As has been the tridition lately, 7 random things.
- I’ll be going to women’s retreat for church at the end of this month! I’ve loved going each time I’ve gone, (I believe this will be my 4th.)
- I’m going to a friend’s house for a super bowl party tomorrow. I went to this friend’s house when the Oregon ducks played in the national championship thingies, (warning, totaly don’t understand anything about what I’m saying here…) Anyway, the party they had was quite fun, it wasn’t like a bar party, (one with lots and lots of people,) but a quiet party and dinner.
- When I go to women’s retreat, I always make a tridition of climbing the rock wall that they have at the retreat center. It’s much fun!
- I did my week 3 test for the push ups program that I’m doing, I managed to get to 20 push ups, which is 10 more than I did when I took the first test. It was the same with the sit ups test, I did 30 sit ups, and the first test I took I did 20.
- I have 3 links gathered so far for weekly links, I need to find a couple more by tomorrow afternoon, (actually it will probably be morning.)
- It will be morning because I have no idea when I’m getting back from the super bowl party.
- I think I’ll be going to early service tomorrow, which starts at 9. I actually like early service somewhat better than 2nd. The only disadvantage to early service is that I’m always in more of a hurry than I am when I leave to go to 2nd service.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Today was grocery shopping day for me. I actually like grocery shopping, and think it’s fun, if the conditions are right. It was also pay the rent day, and pick up the prescriptions day. Although one of my prescriptions wasn’t ready when we left the pharmacy. It was ready 17 minutes later, however. They called and left a message on my house phone. Yeah, that’s always fun! We should have just waited for it to be refilled.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
This is my first time doing this relatively new meme, called Thursday 2 questions.
1) How important is it to you to have comments on your post? I like comments, they’re fun.
2) Do you try to leave a meaningful comment, or one/two word most of the time? Usually I try to leave meaningful comments, then again it depends on the day, if I have a headache, (or if I’m in a hurry,) meaningfulness goes out of the way on those days.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
So yesterday, google launched something called speak 2 tweet, (http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/some-weekend-work-that-will-hopefully.html Google explains it well, but the idea, obviously, is to call a number, leave a message, and it gets sent as a tweet. This has been done before, but the idea is that since in Egypt right now there isn’t really any internet, they can still use the phone. I was listening to some of these tweets yesterday, (I have no plans to use the service,) I was listening to some of the messages yesterday, and this one is good.