I did almost forget to post today. I should try and remember to post in the morning, like I do for weekly links! Not much went on here today, 60 minutes was good last night! I’ll try to remember to post at a more decent hour tomorrow, I’m just about ready to shut the computer down and go to bed.
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Doing this in the morning this time, instead of in the afternoon, so I can do some other stuff later.
- privately Kind of like group chat for twitter, although it will let you have a conversation with a single person too.
- digestly You can get summaries of tweets via email. I don’t see everyone’s tweets I want to see sometimes, so this seems like it might work for me.
- LimitedList Yay for list-making sites! That’s what this one is, it also lets you rank stuff.
- exquisite tweets Paste an URL of a tweet in, and it will give you a thread of a conversation.
OK, I have an extra link, I read this on Friday, and it was really, really good! It’s long but definitely worth reading!
Saturday, January 29, 2011
7 random things, if I can get to 7 that is.
- I already finished my sees from last weekend.
- I just got done watching the figure skating national championships, they’ll be more later tonight though.
- I’m watching CNN right now, although it’s just on in the background while I write this.
- I’m doing this, and this.
- I managed 30 sit ups yesterday, which isn’t that many. It was a middle of the program test thing, I’m on week 3.
- I did get behind with the push ups, but I started them again.
- I use 43 things and love it!
Friday, January 28, 2011
A question from that’s my answer
When was the last time you got a new wallet? I got a new wallet 4 and a half years ago, when I moved out of my parent’s house. But I got a new fanny pack last year, and it doesn’t have room for the wallet. So, everything just goes in the fanny pack.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Of course I didn’t forget to blog post today, but that isn’t actually what I mean by the title. I didn’t forget to watch the state of the union last night! I usually make a tridition out of forgetting, but I can’t remember if I forgot last year or not. I decided I’d do my best to remember this year, and I did. I used to always watch them when I was little, but when I got older, even though I wanted to, I never could remember. Hopefully I won’t forget next year!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Not doing much of anything interesting today. Has anyone ever had someone follow them on twitter, and you end up thinking it’s someone else? I had that happen today, it was very interesting and very, very strange! It’s even stranger because the account that I thought was following me at first well… um… doesn’t follow back usually! Oh well, it certainly made for some interesting times. I said this was going to be a quick one, and I’m ready to hit publish! Yeah, I know I could have tweeted this right? Sometimes I think my blog posts could be tweets, but then again it doesn’t all revolve around twitter for me, well… not yet anyway.
Monday, January 24, 2011
We didn’t do much when we went to visit my grandma last weekend, but we did have good food! We ate lunch at a seafood place on Saturday, and at a pub on Sunday, (yep, papparently they have those here.) We were going to go to the chocolatier festival that was happening last weekend, (leave it to me to go to the city when there’s a chocolatier convention going on!) But we didn’t go, I told grandma that I’d have to come back next year for that. I did manage to make a sees run though, so that was cool. Other than that, not much else went on.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
- trunk.ly Collects links you share, and archives them so you don’t forget them.
- quora A question/answer site, it’s a really good one though, (I actually signed up for it,) it lets you not only follow people, but questions and topics too.
- twitter birthday Find out the exact date you joined twitter, (it appears to be down right now though, but it did work when I tried it.)
- mp3 2 flv Upload mp3 files to youtube.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
I’m visiting my grandma right now. I didn’t get the laptop set up until like an hour ago, I just now realized that I needed to blog post. I have absolutely nothing, (right off hand,) to write a list about. I’m sure I’ll think of something next weekend though! I think I’m going to be able to make a sees run tomorrow! I brought my sees gift certificate that grandma got me for Christmas.
Friday, January 21, 2011
A question from that’s my answer
How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Probably about an hour, (including the shower,) if I don’t take a long one, which I like to do. It takes my sister about 2 hours to get ready, and this is always a problem when going somewhere. She’s never ready until the last minute, and we’re usually left waiting, which sometimes makes us late. But in the last few years, she has learned to allow plenty of extra time for her “can’t be rushed” attitude.”
Thursday, January 20, 2011
I was just busy uploading a file to the internet so I could send it to a friend. He sent me 3 files, I converted them to mp3 and then uploaded them to sendspace to send them back to him. I talked to mom about an hour ago, she said she doesn’t know if we’re going up to visit grandma this weekend. She says she needs to work. I was going to do Thursday thunks but it appears it isn’t going anymore.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
For those who don’t know, I have internet with qwest. I get 7 megabits per second down, and I don’t remember how many up. I’m sure it’s close to 7 though, because earlier I was downloading something and streaming twit live, at the same time! OK, so the download wasn’t exactly going all that fast or anything, but my stream didn’t buffer at all! I’m pretty sure qwest doesn’t care what I’m doing with my internet connection.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
I was streaming twit live today and they started to talk about something absolutely weird! tweet rings So, the question is, would you wear one of your tweets as a ring? I’m not sure if I could tweet anything that good to wear as a ring, but maybe someone else can. My tweets are actually pretty boring, so I don’t think anyone would like to wear a tweet of mine as a ring. Although I can think of a couple I might wear as a ring, but that just might be strange, because I don’t usually wear rings.
Monday, January 17, 2011
yep, I’m calling this post, “things.” Because I said on twitter to my friend Mark that I might do such a thing today, so now I’m doing it. I talked to my friend from church about problems she’s having with a neighbor’s dog. We started talking about dreams, we’ve both had some strange ones! I’ve also had a couple dreams that have come true in the past. Grandma got out of the hospital on Saturday! I think she tried to add me to her skype contacts, but I stupidly thought I didn’t know who it was and deleted it. Um… oops! I’ve already started to gather links for next week’s weekly links, so hopefully there will be more links than yesterday!
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Yep, I’m posting weekly links this week, (for a change.) But I only came up with a couple things to link to, not that I couldn’t find more, it’s just that I’m in a hurry. Why? because it’s time for me to eat dinner, and I’m hungry, and I would like to post before I eat… so that I don’t make the stupid mistake of forgetting not to post. Then I’d realize that Um, it’s Sunday, I’m supposed to post weekly links on Sunday, and I’d probably be even less happy than I would be if I forgot to post. So here they are:
- afterlyfe.me Hmm… how to describe this one… I really don’t know! It’s a project that will let you tweet/whatever exists at the time, after you die.
- AudioTag If you’ve ever watched a video on youtube and wondered what the song was, this will find it for you.
OK, I could have done better, but this is all the links for now. How about I be less last-minute in gathering these links next week?
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Since I hit 300 posts sometime last week, I thought I’d list 7 of my favorites, (yep, I have them.)
7 of my favorite blog posts, (that I wrote, of course.)
- 13 reasons why I blog. This was a Thursday 13 post I wrote in May of last year.
- Passing word documents and making room in my fridge for my pizza. This was a blogathon post, and it turned out I did everything completely wrong with the documents, but it was fun while it lasted.
- Coffee made, and solving audio captchas at 2:15 in the morning. It came to a point during the alternathon last year when I was writing about captcha, because that was like the weirdest thing to post about ever, here’s that post.
- 13 ways to keep up with ces. I wrote this one last year during ces, and had much fun with it!
- Very, very late weekly links! This was the most thorough weekly links post I’ve ever done, it was probably the hardest and took the longest too.
- Happy birthday, mom! This was the year I forgot it was mom’s birthday until someone reminded me what the date was, um… oops!
- 7 reasons for starting Saturday 7. I had to end with a Saturday 7 post right? So I decided on this one, which is the very, very first one!
Friday, January 14, 2011
Not much went on today. So this is one of those days where I don’t have much stuff to write about. We’re going back up to visit my grandma next weekend, I’m excited because where we’re going has a sees candy. I didn’t bring my gift certificate that I got for Christmas with me on Thursday, but I definitely plan to bring it next weekend! I’ll also bring my laptop on that trip, because mom and grandma’s boyfriend, (they call each other, “partners,”) both had laptops and I didn’t.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
We’re back from our day trip to go to the hospital while grandma was having surgery. In the interest of full disclosure, grandma had a benign mass on her bladder. It was removed successfully today. Mom and I left at 4:30 this morning, and we just got back a little bit ago.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
I forgot to blog post yesterday! Yay for that! I hope I don’t do that again, (this month at least.) Although I could end up doing it tomorrow, I’m going out of town for the day, and I have no idea when I’ll get back. My grandma is having surgery. I hope to be back in time to blog post, but mom and I are leaving really, really early tomorrow morning.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Sunday, January 9, 2011
I’m skipping weekly links because there just doesn’t seem to be anything that I can find that’s link-worthy. Sometimes that happens, and this week is one of those weeks. Oh well, more links next week! That’s if I can find any good links.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Because I can’t really think of anything to make a list about today, 7 random things.
- I’m still soar from my trip to the chiropractor yesterday.
- I haven’t even started gathering up links for weekly links! It’s one of those weeks where it’s hard to find anything.
- I really enjoyed watching the ces stream this weekend.
- The site I was using for weekly links, instead of delicious, isn’t really going anywhere.
- The friend who I had lunch with last week, invited me to her house Monday night.
- I think we’re going to first service tomorrow.
- I’m really tired right now for some reason, I slept perfectly fine last night.
Friday, January 7, 2011
I just got back from the VA, this morning I went to the chiropractor. I did manage to get everything done there that needed to be done, while signing much stuff in the process. Not sure when I’ll be starting there. But all the paperwork is done… well… that I know of, anyway.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Yep, someone called me at midnight last night. A couple days ago, I dropped my home phone and broke the battery, I’ve been using my cell phone since then. I did get a new phone yesterday, it’s charging right now. But either someone got the wrong number, or someone called me for some strange reason and didn’t leave a message. By the time I realized that what the noise was was my cell phone ringing, got out of bed and started to run twoards my desk, well… needless to say I didn’t get to it in time. I went to lunch with a friend from church today, I paid for her lunch… and she bought me groceries in return. I didn’t really need any groceries though, because I just went grocery shopping on tuesday. Twit live was supposed to stream digital experience from ces last night, it was supposed to start at 7:00, but I waited for 2 and a half hours, and it never happened, apparently, they were having streaming dificulties. They did record the coverage, however, and they’re playing it now.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Well sort of anyway, it’s still sort of too long. The sides are way too long, normally when I get my hair cut the sides don’t hit my neck constantly, but that’s what they’re doing. Yeah, needless to say I’m not really happy with the result of this. But I’m still excited for CES! I think I’ll be going to have lunch with a friend tomorrow, so that should be fun.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
It’s CES week! I get really, really excited about CES week! For the 2nd year in a row, twit live will be there to cover the whole thing. They did an amazing job last year, and this year will most likely be better! I get to go grocery shopping today, although it was supposed to be an hour ago. I also get to go have my hair cut tomorrow, go to the chiropractor on Friday, and also go to the VA that same day. I’m going to the VA in the afternoon and the chiropractor in the morning, (I have to go to the VA for an equipment assessment thingy.) I’m really looking forward to getting my hair cut! I don’t like long hair, wait… I take that back, I absolutely hate having long hair! So I get to go have it cut tomorrow, yay for that! As for CES week? Well, it sucks that I have to miss what I have to miss, (thanks for planning a bunch of stuff on Friday, I would really, really, really like to thank everyone for that!)
Monday, January 3, 2011
Here’s the real reason, because blogging is fun! Not because doing something every day for a year is easy. Although I’m up for a challenge, but do I really think I can blog every! single! day! for a year? Me, who always skips one day of NaBloPoMo, so much so that I make a tridition out of it every year? How about… no! Do I think I CAN TRY AND COME CLOSE? Well, yep, that’s another reason why I’m doing it, to try and come close to 365 days, I might get to 364, or 363… or maybe even 360 or less than that, but it’s all for fun, and one big experiment! If I’ve ever learned anything, it’s that experiments are fun, and life is all about experimenting! OK, so now I have a question, should I leave the tweeting thing going for this, or should I disable it? If I let feedburner tweet for me every day, then it’s possible that some people could see it as spam. If I don’t, then people who follow on twitter, (and who don’t use RSS, which is really good and everyone should use it!) might not think to come to the blog and read the latest post.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Well, it’s 7:45 in the morning here, and what am I doing? Posting weekly links! Why? So I don’t forget and not do them and then skip a day in blog 365 already, which would be really, really bad! So, here are links to sites I think are cool.
- bookmarklet combiner It’s exactly what the title says it is, and it does exactly that, combine bookmarklets into a single bookmarklet.
- mixlr I’ve never used the site, (haven’t tested it yet, and I’m not sure I have a reason to.) But the site says it will let you live stream audio.
- Followize This looked cool, so I thought I’d link to it. It’s supposed to be a more efficient web interface for twitter, hmm, maybe I should test these things before I link to them…
- whos.amung.us Website statistics thingy, but that isn’t why I remember this site. I remember seeing it like 5 years ago, and at the time they did a who links here widget… I think.
- licorize To-do list and social bookmarking site, could be a delicious alternative.
I used 1r7.net to find these links, but it appears to not be going anywhere, so I might try pinboard soon.
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Yep, today’s the big day, otherwise known as 1/1/2011. This is my first blog 365 post, I hope to keep it going as much as I can. 7 highlights of 2010
- Cleansing streams, and rushing the stage at the retreat!
- Doing blogathon/alternathon 2010.
- Getting my new system… finally! I waited almost a year and a half.
- The trip I took with my family to Southern Ca in April.
- The trip I took in July to visit a friend who moved in 2009, she just moved back a week or so ago!
- twit live From covering CES, to SXSW, to starting tech news today, things appeared to go really well there this year.
- Starting Saturday 7!