It’s the end of my 30 day challenge today. I did have fun, but I wish I would have been a bit more organized and not have done everything to do it at the last minute. I’m not sure when I’m going to do weekly links, I’m still not feeling all that well, still have a soar throat and a headache.
Monday, November 29, 2010
I decided I’m not doing weekely links today. I have a bit of a soar throat and headache so I’m hoping I’m not getting sick. For some reason, I didn’t want to make a list today. Maybe I’ll do them tomorrow or the next day. Otherwise, not much else is going on here.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
I have really nothing to write about today. I went to church this morning and then came back here. I just finished streaming twit live. Yesterday I didn’t do much either. Friday I went back to my parent’s house to have leftovers and didn’t get to bring any back. Oh well, maybe I’ll get some at Christmas! We had lots and lots of people over for thanksgiving. Everyone wanted to see mom after what she went through.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
7 things that were on our thanksgiving dinner table.
- Turkey, of course. I’m a big turkey fan!
- Stuffing, also a big stuffing fan, although I didn’t used to be.
- Ham, we had lots of people this year so we had both turkey and ham.
- Broccoli salad, my sister makes this every year, and it’s really, really good! Mashed potatoes.
- Green bean casarole. Love it!
- Pickles and olives.
- Pie and brownies for dessert, (I brought the brownies, because I don’t eat pie of any kind.)
Friday, November 26, 2010
I didn’t get home from my parent’s house at around 9:00 last night, and I didn’t get any leftover so I have to go back tonight. Mom was out shopping when I called her. I would have done some online shopping today, but I have absolutely no idea of what to get anyone. I asked mom to send my sister’s list to me, and she said she would. I was hoping she would send it last night or this morning, so I could shop today.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
First I’d like to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving! I’ll be going to my parent’s later, but I thought I’d take the time to make a list of 13 things I’m thankful for.
- All god’s blessings, (there are a lot in my life.)
- Everyone at my church.
- A loving family.
- Really good friends.
- My ability to worship although I might not be the best singer in the world.
- That I got to move out of my parent’s house, and now I have a place to live.
- That I have food to eat.
- That I got to bungee jump, skydive and zipline twice, (not all in one time.)
- That I was able to get a new computer.
- My ability to make lists.
- Early mornings.
- My internet connection, that it isn’t capped or slow.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
My aunt from Maine came in last night, my sister and my mom went to pick her up at the airport. We’re having snowy weather here this week, (yay for that!) I forgot to shut my computer down last night when I went to bed. I need to not forget to do that, because strange things just happened. I was making more tea and when I came back the computer was in standby. When it came out of standby, the fan kicked up really hard, (harder than it ever has before,) it was really loud and I thought it was going to overheat, so I did the standby thing over again and it didn’t do that the 2nd time. I decided a full shutdown was in order, so I shut it down, and then a few minutes later started it up again. Everything seems to work fine now.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Well, I’m not doing much today. About to stream twit live. But I should be careful while doing that. yesterday while I was sitting in my recliner with twit live on, my UPS died. This means I couldn’t use my phone or the internet. The weird thing was that my computer was still working. My landlord came over and we discovered that it’s only the battery backup side, the other side that’s just a surge protector is working fine… for now. I’ll need to get a new UPS at some point in the near future.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Here are 3 links for ay.
- cinch I’m not sure why I haven’t linked to this before, you have to record from either their app or the phone, but I use this for following people’s stuff.
- minus I have this problem where I need a place to store my pictures so that I can share them wherever I want. Posterous stopped working for me when I accidentally deleted the blogger service and could never reenable it. This seems like a really, really simple site.
- passplex The site will generate secure passwords for you based on the length and complexity you choose.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
I went to church today. It was our last session of cleansing streams. So, starting next Sunday we don’t have to be at church for 4 hours anymore. Although I do have fun at church, the 4 hour thing was getting a bit annoying after a while. After church, I came home and had lunch, and streamed twit live.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
7 things on my Christmas wishlist, that I finished in a hurry last week.
- amazon.com gift card, I still have a little bit left from last year, like $11.
- nutsonline.com gift certificate. I love nutsonline.com, and when I realized they did gift certificates, I was like I want this for Christmas!
- Non-slip mat for my shower. My shower isn’t textured or anything, so it’s really easy to slip.
- Floor fan, mine’s somewhat broken. Mom just told me they don’t call them floor fans, um… what?
- Fleece blanket for my bed, I have a weird somewhat hard one on there now.
- Christmas cookie cutters, every year a friend and I make Christmas cookies, but I only have 4 cookie cutters.
- Ab lounger, that’s my biggest thing on the list this year.
Those are just some of the things on my list! The list actually goes to 23 things this year because I finished it way too fast and then realized there were some additions.
Friday, November 19, 2010
I was thinking about it all day yesterday, and then I forgot to post. I was trying to decide whether to write a Thursday 13 list of things on my Christmas wishlist, or save it for Saturday 7. I decided to save it for tomorrow. Then I guess I didn’t think of anything else to post about, because I completely forgot about it altogether. Oops, oh well, it happens once every year. Although I’m not sure if I would be a good candidate for blog 365, where you try to blog every day for a year. Never-the-less, I think I would like to try. I like to blog, and although I might forget once in a while. I most likely could blog for most of the year.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Because everyone thinks I’m past deadline, just because I got it done 10 days earlier last year. But I think we’re only doing little stuff for Christmas this year, which is perfectly fine, (but there’s some stuff that needs to come off the list.) When I have people saying I’m late finishing it, I tend to have problems thinking of what to put on it, (this is why I start in September in the first place.) I started too late this year, way, way too late! I have 15 things on the list, and I usually like to go to 20. Do I expect to have 20 things under the tree? No way! The reason why I do this is so that family members aren’t fighting over who gets what, everyone should have a few things to get. When I’m in a hurry though and I’m trying to finish it, I usually put stuff on there that my parent’s don’t like me to put on there, like candy.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
I didn’t do much today. I did chat on skype twice though so now I have a headache. Whenever I wear my headset I get headaches. The lady from the VA called me yesterday, they got my background check back, and she said that they were ready to finish the process. She said they were going to put me in quality management.
Monday, November 15, 2010
I’m about to head off to go grocery shopping so I’m in a hurry. I wanted to do weekly links, but I don’t have time to surf delicious like I usually do. So here’s one, http://updateflash.org Lets you know if your flash is current, if it isn’t, then it uses ninite installer to update it.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
We had more church today. This was our last church session for this weekend, but of course we get to go back next weekend! I’m going grocery shopping tomorrow, yay for that! I’m glad I remembered to blog post before I shut the computer down. I actually made instant coffee this morning! I don’t drink coffee all that often, but sometimes it sounds really good, like it did today! I intend to make tea again tomorrow though. I didn’t even have time to drink the tea I made yesterday morning, because I was really in a hurry!
Saturday, November 13, 2010
I’m skipping Saturday 7 this week, because it’s late at night and I just got home from church and having dinner with family. The retreat started last night, I had prayer for a couple things and felt a lot of weight lifted off my shoulders. At the end of the retreat last night they asked us to fast media that night. Since I went straight to bed after I came home, and then went straight to church this morning, I didn’t get to do anything at all. Today was even better than last night! I jumped on stage and was dancing during part of worship. I was having way, way too much fun! I could hear everyone cheering.
Friday, November 12, 2010
Today is the day of the cleansing streams retreat at our church. My friend and I have a chiropractor appointment a couple hours before the retreat. After the appointment she’s bringing me back to her house for a while, because she lives close to the church. We’ll eat at her house and then go to the retreat. I’ll be there all day tomorrow too, then I’m going to go have dinner with my parents and our family friends after it’s over.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
I’m not sure why I’m forgetting all the time this year. Yep I didn’t do weekly links again. I like doing them on the weekend, that’s why. We have our retreat for the bible study at church tomorrow. It goes all weekend. Our family friendds who helped my parent’s lay their ffloors are here this weekend. I’m hoping we’re doing dinner with them and my family Saturday night after the retreat is over.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Yep, I forgot to do weekly links today… again! I do intend to do them tomorrow, hopefully I’ll be able to remember! I like doing weekly links on the weekend, but I can’t do them this weekend because of the retreat. I was supposed to have lunch with a friend today, but she called and told me that she was sick. She then said that she was leaving town to go to San Francisco tomorrow! When I was talking to her last week, she said she goes all the time. Um… she’s really, really lucky! I keep telling her that. I really, really want to go back there again one day!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Yep, I almost forgot, and guess who forgot to do weekly links? Yep that would be me! I want to do weekly links on weekends though, that just seems like a better time for those. I’ll try to remember to do those tomorrow. I shut my computer down, but then realized I needed to post so I booted it back up again. I need to try to remember to post before I shut down… LOL!
Monday, November 8, 2010
Not that it has anything to do with me what-so-ever! But A question on http://thatsmyanswer.com/ was, “how are you adjusting to daylight savings time?” I actually liked daylight savings time before they extended it and made it all weird. I don’t like it anymore! But yeah, this is a random blog post, isn’t it? Yep it is!
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Other than going to church, of course. I was all ready to do a meme and answer some questions, but then I thought it’s probably too early in the month to do that. So I just decided to write this post. My friend and I have decided that Friday is the day we’re going to the chiropractor, on the day of the retreat for our bible study. Family friends from California are coming up here on Thursday, (the same people who helped my parents lay their floors,) and I’m not sure I’ll be able to see them. I will also go grocery shopping sometime in the next week or 2..
Saturday, November 6, 2010
I really have no idea as to what to make a list about this week, so here’s 7 random things.
- I need to finish my Christmas list, I had a dream last night about not finishing it early enough.
- I’m sure this dream stems from the many years that my grandma has complained that I don’t send the list out early enough, actually… I know this is the case!
- When I went to the VA on Thursday, they didn’t know which department they were going to have me volunteer in… um… I hope this goes better than my last volunteering attempt went.
- I’ve been going to bible study at church for the past couple months, the bible study I’ve been doing, together with a friend, is called Cleansing streams. The retreat for this is next weekend at our church.
- The retreat starts on Friday night, and goes through Saturday night. Although I would be perfectly happy staying up for 24 hours, (as I usually am,) we go there on Friday evening, and then leave that night, and come back Saturday morning, only to go to church again on Sunday. Yay! a whole weekend of church!
- I wish I could remember to blog post before 8:30 at night, I did today, so that’s a start!
- I think it’s time for me to go to the chiropractor again, I had bad headaches yesterday and the day before.
Friday, November 5, 2010
But I’m glad I remembered an hour earlier than I did last time! If I end up forgetting tomorrow, then I’ll skip Saturday 7, but that isn’t my intent. But then again, if I keep having this headache that I’ve had for the past couple days, I don’t think I could remember much of anything!
Thursday, November 4, 2010
I’ve had a bad headache all day, and couldn’t think of what to make a list about. I had an appointment at the VA today, to start volunteering there. I had to get finger printed! That’s always fun, I’ve been finger printed a couple times, and for some reason, I find the process interesting. They said my prints, (and the results from the background check,) should be back in a couple weeks.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Well, not really, but I almost forgot to post. But I’m doing that right now. I forgot to tweet this morning too, if that’s any indication of how my day has gone… well I’ve mostly forgotten to do things! I’m about to go to bed so time to click publish!
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
This will also be my post for today, because I’m not going to attempt to write 2 posts in a day! These links were put together in a hurry, so there isn’t very many.
- speedtest.net Yeah, we’ve all seen it… right? But I forget it’s there, and we all need a speed test once in a while!
- twibbon This will add a ribbon-like thing to your twitter picture, showing your support for something, (usually a cause.) The last time I used twibbon though, they won’t take the twibbon off your picture, you have to change it back.
- tweet reach How far do your tweets travel? Twitter analytics, sort of.
Try as I might, I can never get past more than 3 or 4 links, hopefully, they’ll be more links next time, although I say that all the time!
Monday, November 1, 2010
I’m not doing weekly links today, I’ll do them tomorrow! I’ve decided to do Na Blo Po Mo this month. Na Blo Po Mo stands for National blog posting month, which means I have to wwrite a blog post every day, for 30 days in November! I think this will either be my 3rd or 4th time doing this, I just can’t remember which year I started! This should be fun!