I’m not doing much today, but I just wanted to wish everyone a happy memorial day! I’m going to my parent’s house for dinner tonight, though. When I talked to mom earlier, she said they hadn’t decided what they were making yet. When dad took me to church yesterday, he talked about hamburgers or steak. I really don’t care what they decide to make, but I’m sure it’s going to be good!
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Today is the first day I’m doing Saturday 7. I’m going to be making my lists of 7 things here every week, instead of on the Meme blog. So, here I go!
7 reasons for starting Saturday 7
- Because I love making lists! Anyone who knows me can attest to that one!
- Because I often get writer’s block while doing Thursday 13, I get about half way through the list, and then draw a complete blank!
- Because I love participating in memes, so why not reciprocate and start one?
- Because I love blogging, and this gives me an excuse to write a blog post every Saturday, (actually 2 posts!)
- Because starting a new blog is fun, you get to promote and do all the “new blog” things all over again!
- Because I had experience starting a meme during the week, and at the time, it didn’t really work out because I had to do something else that day and would forget to post every time! So, why not a weekend meme?
- Because 7 is a good number, not that I’m supersticious or anything.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
So, I’ll be starting my meme Saturday 7, this Saturday. I thought I would make a list of 13 other memes, (besides Thursday 13, of course.)
- Thursday Thunks Asks a lot of questions every Thursday.
- Friday Fill-Ins A fill-in-the-blank meme.
- Friday 5 5 questions every Friday.
- the friday five This is another version of the Friday 5.
- Sunday Stealing This seems fun, but I’ve never done it before they take memes from all different places and try to trace them back to the originator, then they post them.
- Sunday Seven Hmm, there might be a little competition here, (LOL!) Although, he did come way, way before me, so maybe I’m the competition?
- Unconscious Mutterings Word association, every sunday.
- Saturday 9 They ask 9 questions every Saturday, usually with a theme.
- Saturday Six Asks 6 questions every Saturday.
- Curious as a Cat Asks a set of questions every Monday.
- Manic Monday Asks questions every Monday, (although hasn’t been updated in about a month.)
- The Queen’s Meme Questions every Tuesday, with a theme.
- That’s My Answer! Questions every day.
Of course, there are many, many others! I used the daily meme for all my links!
Monday, May 24, 2010
First of all, I’m thinking about starting a blog meme, kind of like Thursday 13, but shorter. I’m thinking it will probably be called Saturday 7, (because there’s already a Sunday 7.) Like Thursday 13, people will be able to write a list of 7 things about anything. I might post a prompt, (mainly to help my own writers block,) but otherwise, it would be write 7 things about anything you can think of, or whatever you want. I like participating in Memes, so it would mainly be just for fun, (of course!) Second, I tried unsuccessfully to get myself banned from facebook and had a little too much fun in the process! I tweeted a lot about the whole thing yesterday, so I’mnot going to re-hash the story, but here’s the link that explains it. Next, I had an interesting thing happen to me yesterday while at RiteAid. After church my friend and I went to buy some things, and my card got stuck in the machine, a supervisor had to come over and try and figure the thing out. I then asked if I could write them a check. The supervisor said a check would work. It was one of those checks where the machine prints the amount and everything right on the check, so now I have an extra copy of a blank check, (LOL!)
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
On Sunday night, we had thunder and lightning here. I was done on the laptop, so I decided to shut it down. Since I was in kind of a hurry, I just flipped the switch, (I’ve done this like thousands of times before, and not had problems.) The next morning, I got up and went to start the laptop. JAWS wouldn’t launch, which seems to be the first thing to go when there’s a problem, (especially one that produces an error message before login, or before the system finishes the boot process. I tried a meriad of things to get the system to boot, including pressing enter, clicking the mouse, putting in my password, and checking the volume. At the time, none of those things worked. I called mom, (who didn’t flip out at first, but said it was my fault later.) She came over later that night. All she did was press enter! I told her that I did that already when I tried to get the system up. Then she put in my password, and I had her check the volume, (which apparently was turned down, even though I checked it earlier and turned it up.) The laptop booted fine, and was working fine… until just about an hour ago! I was streaming twit live, and it was over, so I decided to close the window, normally, when I close the window, it would stop streaming, (because that’s what it’s supposed to do!) This time, it didn’t stop streaming! It kept going after the window was closed! I opened task manager and tried to end the process, but that didn’t seem to work. I then decided that I should restart the computer, so I pressed restart, then “restart now,” I have an application that’s a bit stubborn when it comes to shutting down, (thank you, qwitter!) I waited… and waited for at least a minute, if not 2. The computer didn’t appear to be doing anything, (the hard drive wasn’t spinning,) it was just sitting there, taking it’s sweet time! What was I supposed to do, wait all century for it to restart? Uh, I don’t think so! So, I flipped the switch. The same thing happened again. I did exactly what mom did last night, and exactly what I did yesterday, (pressed enter and put in the password.) But that didn’t seem to work, after trying 3 or 4 times, I let the system rest. After a while, it just decided to boot on it’s own!
Friday, May 14, 2010
Just for fun, here are 5 questions about, (of all things,) cookies!
1. What is absolutely the best cookie you’ve ever had?
Hmm, let’s see… I’ve had a lot of cookies! But the best ones are the big huge ones you get at the mall. My favorite are sugar cookies, and snickerdoodles.
2. What is a cookie you really don’t care for?
Honestly, I’m not a big fan of orios, I mean I’ll eat them and everything, but they’re just not my favorite.
3. What are some other cookies you are rather fond of?
Chocolate chip and peanut butter. Not together of course, or maybe together, that would probably be really good!
4. Grocery-store cookies are, of course, never as good as anything that comes out of someone’s kitchen, but what’s a packaged cookie that’s still pretty
good? I like the fudge striped shortbread cookies.
5. In general, do you think cookies should be chewy and gooey, or should they be crispy and crunchy? I like mine soft, and I’m pretty picky about it.
Via Friday 5
Sunday, May 9, 2010
OK so mom doesn’t read my blog. But if she did she would see this, (so no gift spoilers here!) But I thought I would take the time to wish anyone who does read the blog a happy Mother’s Day. I’ll be going over to my parent’s house sometime after church today. This could potentially involve food, and will most definitely involve a gift, (remember, no spoilers!) So, happy Mother’s day to all the moms!
Friday, May 7, 2010
well, most recently, there’s this. Here’s the original entry Even more recently, is the fact that United and continental are planning to murge, um, why? I’ve flown continental a couple times, and it’s pretty good, but united will just make it united and probably make it not-so-good. Plus, I’ve read several incidents about United, (or United express leaving passengers on the plane or at the airport, including this one Oh yeah, and they break stuff! I’ve heard several stories not unlike those in the first couple links. Blind people having to use wheelchairs etc. Ok, so I’m sure everyone wants to know my reason for vowing to never fly united again? My family and I went on a trip to Hawaii in 2003. the flight going there was fine, and the security people in Portland were really nice and everything. However, coming back, I accidentally crashed into the side of the security thingy, (which, uh, happens because I can’t walk in very much of a straight line, LOL!) They said they had to search me and that’s what they did. OK, so this might not have been united’s fault, right? Well it hasn’t happened since then! Not when I flew on northwest in 2005, or Delta in 2006, and not on our recent trip on southwest, (even though I decided to purposely crash into the side of the security thingy, just to see what would happen!) I was just asked to go back through, and needless to say, I did it right the 2nd time. I never did file a complaint with United though, because I’m sure they would say, “it isn’t our fault.”
Thursday, May 6, 2010
I was asked a couple days ago why I blog. I’m going to try to think of 13 reasons, but I’m not sure if I can.
13 reasons why I blog.
- It’s fun! What can I say? I probably still wouldn’t be blogging if I didn’t like to do it.
- To write in the long form, (I use twitter more than I blog, but if I didn’t blog, I would probably be stuck at 140 characters forever!)
- I read blogs, I figure I’m reciprocating by blogging, even though I don’t do it often enough, and I just write about life.
- So I don’t have to constantly update a static website by hand.
- So I can make lists like these!
- So I can participate in memes.
- So that I have an archive of what I’m doing and writing about, on this day, or a year from now.
- To use it as a lifestream, (which eventually I’ll do, and I plan to write about that later.)
- So that I actually have a domain, instead of just a facebook or twitter page, (yeah, I know more people are doing that, but facebook and twitter will probably go away someday.)
- So that I can participate in blogathon every time it happens.
- So I can do NaBloPoMo every November!
- So I can write about grocery shopping every month! LOL!
- So, maybe, if I ever decide to, I could monetize someday, although that isn’t likely.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
I went grocery shopping yesterday. then, we went out to dinner to celibrate dad’s birthday. His birthday was Friday, but we had dinner last night. Mom and my sister got dad a flat screen TV! I want one of those, just because the TV I have now takes up a lot of space. Oh yeah, yesterday was a year to the day, (and today’s a year to the date,) that my desktop decided to die. I’ve been using this laptop as my primary system ever since.