I switched from wordpress to blogger a couple months ago, here are 13 reasons why I like blogger better.
- It’s stable and reliable, (if I made any small change to anything on wordpress, chances are that it would break, and even when I went to fix whatever was broken, sometimes it would still be broken after I was done with it!
- It uses my google account, so I don’t have to remember a long and random password that wordpress would give me, (when I lost the password, I would have to reinstall again!)
- It’s fast!
- After 10 years, (Blogger turned 10 on Sunday,) they’re still developing it!
- It’s simple, in the 2 months I’ve been using it, I haven’t had a single problem with it!
- It’s flexible, you can put just about anything on a blog, (you can with wordpress too, but you might have to modify something else, and thus the whole breaking thing!)
- There are widgets, (and I love widgets!)
- Lots of features, and they’re releasing more all the time!
- It integrates with google reader seemlessly! They’ve made it integrate more with the new send to feature in google reader.
- You can just pick a template and go, no downloading, extracting and installing wordpress themes.
- It’s the same way with widgets, you just add them, no downloading, extracting or installing.
- It’s up all the time, or it appears to be anyway, I’ve never had it crash on me, even while posting every half hour for 24 hours!
- Google owns it, what can I say? It’s good!
I used wordpress for 3 years, before I started using blogger, it’s not a bad thing, I just like blogger better!