Saturday, June 25, 2016
As we all know from 2010, 2012, and 2014, I really enjoy the Olympics when they come around! This is an Olympic year, and being a summer year, there are trials. I've always thought it was strange that the Summer games had trials, and the winter ones didn't. Anyway, they've been going on all week, but I don't get NBCSN, so they started today for me. I'm hoping I make it home from church before 1:30 tomorrow, because that's when they start again. That always happens, so unless something really strange ends up going on, I'm sure I'll make it. Today we got to see the fully unsealed Lavabit documents, (the ones with Edward Snowden's information left in. I have 23 individual documents here that I need to submit for conversion, because they're all in image format. This is strange because I'm pretty sure they didn't come off PACER this way. What's worse is that since the page numbers are left in, (which makes me even more sure they didn't come off PACER that way,) this causes the OCR to fail. I can only submit one document at a time, so I upload the file, put in my email address, and when it's done, it sends me email with the results. So far, I've been able to successfully convert 4 out of the 23 documents.
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Normally I take this time on Thursdays to make a list, but since I really couldn't think of anything interesting to list, and since Brexit seemed to be on everyone's mind, I decided I'd write a quick post about it. Right now, the results are leave: 17,228,077 remain: 16,000,701, with one region yet to declare. In the end, I think the referendum is a good thing, because I'm not a fan of globalization. In other words, countries should exit the EU if they don't want to follow the EU laws, or they want their sovereignty. If you think the UK should be able to make it's own laws, and not have to pay to be in the EU then you probably would vote for "leave." If you think, (and literally this was the other side's argument,) that there should be peace and love, then you would vote to "remain." Lol, and this is my over-simplified explanation of Brexit.
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
When I went to see my doctor on June 1st, she referred to a neurologist. It's been 3 weeks and the neurologist's office hasn't called me, so I decided to call my doctor's office to see what was going on. I thought the referral had been denied, but they said it came back as auto-approved. First of all, I don't think I've ever had anything come back as "auto-approved" before. Secondly, I told the medical assistant that the office hasn't called me even though it's been 3 weeks now. I'm still waiting for a callback from the medical assistant, she said she'd call the neurologist's office and then get back to me, but she hasn't yet. Dealing with referrals is just a whole bunch of fun,(except not so much!)
Sunday, June 19, 2016
Yesterday we went out to dinner to celebrate my sister's birthday and father's day. We ended up going to pizza around 5:30 last night. I say around 5:30, because it was actually closer to 5. I was in the middle of getting ready, (at almost 5:00 exactly, when I got a call from dad saying that they were on their way. The problem was, someone, (this being my mom,) told me 5:30 when she texted me. I ended up getting dad a home Depot gift card. I got to teach Sunday school today. I'll be going back on the 10th, and again on the 17th. The children's pastor is leaving next week to go on a mission trip, so when I go back, I'll be teaching with a sub.
Thursday, June 16, 2016
You almost didn't get a list this week, because I really couldn't think of anything to make a list about! However, I didn't want to skip this 2 weeks in a row, so I finally thought of something.
- Seeing my aunt and uncle from Maine. My aunt came out here in 2014 to go to the reunion that was canceled because of some health issues in my family, but I haven't seen my uncle since that now infamous trip to Vegas. Lol that trip is infamous for several reasons!
- Seeing my great Aunt and Uncle on my mom's side. this post explains why I decided to go to the reunion in the first place, (hint: I really, really hate reunions!) That being said my great Aunt and Uncle and I have had some good times, so I do look forward to seeing them.
- The Olympics, which start the night before I'm scheduled to do Linkday! Lol I had to deal with this in 2012 during Blogathon, I only got to watch about half of the opening ceremony before going to bed. I'm not starting Linkday until 7 so yeah, I'll probably be able to watch about 3-4 hours of it before going to bed around 11.
- Linkday! Hah of course I'm looking forward to the event I started, right? I'm not going to be streaming it this year, so hopefully things will go better this time.
- The ACB convention, which starts on the 3rd and runs through the 8th of July, (or at least I'm pretty sure that's when the general sessions will take place.)
- The political conventions, although I don't intend to watch everything this year, I'll definitely keep an eye on what goes on, if anything looks interesting I'll probably watch.
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Melissa and I went shopping today. I had to go somewhere to get a gift for dad first, then we went grocery shopping. Unfortunately, on the way home from shopping, it started to storm. We had rain and thunderstorms here, while we were in the car coming home. We were almost at the end of our time schedule, so we couldn't just leave the groceries in the car for a while to wait for everything to blow over. Often times we end up shopping in the rain during the winter, but a thunderstorm? I'd have to say that's the first one.
Sunday, June 12, 2016
So today was our big trip out of town to go eat dinner with my grandma. We were a bit late leaving, so we got there after my sister got to the restaurant, (and there was a wreck on the way,) so we were stuck in traffic for a little while. My grandma gave my niece a beach bag, and a quilt she's probably been working on since well... several months before Christmas, as late birthday presents. I asked my grandma if I could stay at her boyfriend's house during the reunion, and she said that I could, so it looks like I'll be staying there with my Aunt and Uncle from Maine. This way I won't have to pay the close to $100 per night for a motel, and I can try and save my money for replacing my desktop, (hopefully a couple months after the trip.) She told mom that if they wanted to bring their trailer, my sister, her boyfriend, and their kids could sleep in that, my aunt and uncle could stay in my grandma's boyfriend's trailer, and we could all stay in the house. Mom and dad's trailer is still in the shop though, and cramming all of us into one car to get us there is just not going to happen!